Wanna know more interesting details about Coffee?
1) When coffee was first brought in Europe, it was called ‘Arabian Wine’.
2) Espresso is not a special type of bean, roast or blend. It is just another way how coffee is processed.
3) The first African tribes ate coffee beans instead of drinking it. They combined coffee beans with fat to make ‘energy balls’ which gave a special caffeine boost.
4) A team from the BBC built a car, nicknamed the “Car-puccino” which ran on ground coffee.
5) The first webcam was invented at the University of Cambridge to let the students know if the coffee pot was full or not.
6) The word Cappuccino comes from the resemblance of the drink to the clothing of the Capuchin monks.
7) There are over 50 types of coffee worldwide. Nevertheless, only Arabic and Robusta beans are used in commercial coffee production.
8) Pure Black coffee (with nothing added) has zero calories.
9) A World Barista Championship is held annually in Italy.
10) Coffee was the first food to be freeze-dried.
Still interested in more Coffee facts and information? Read here.